At pCloudy (View All The Jobs)
- Bachelors from an accredited university. A qualification in journalism/communications/creative writing is preferable
- Excellent written communication skills
- 3+ years technical writing experience or other relevant experience, whether it's as a software developer, an advocate, technical support, or in any role that involves educating developers
- Experience working as or with SRE and Development teams
- Technically proficient enough to dig into our product and not only understand how it works, but how to use it yourself
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Create, develop and manage content (web pages, blog posts, case studies, help docs, whitepapers, ebooks, marketing collaterals, social media posts, etc).
- Write insightful and compelling stories that attract and engage target audience
- Work across departments to communicate content needs and ensure assets are being gathered in a timely manner to meet deadlines
- Check all content for consistency, accuracy, and overall quality assurance
- Ensure content reflects the organization in terms of tone, style and grammar.
- Create, prioritize, and manage digital assets for web content
- Work with design team to create visual content (graphics or simple videos to be included with social media posts).
- Strong knowledge of today's website standards.
- Replicate established tones/slang, industry related jargon, as well as develop specific communication tones for our audience.
- The want to learn and implement new technologies
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy and implementation
- Research, identify and establish partnerships with authoritative websites for link-building
- Update and maintain pCloudy's presence on social networking sites
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, content performance metrics and customer challenges in order to build a more effective editorial calendar.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and break down how they work to both technical and nontechnical people
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to plan, prioritize, and carry out complex writing projects with high attention to detail
Personal Attributes needed:
- Insatiably curious, you don't learn about new concepts because it's your job, but because you're generally passionate about learning new things
- The push to keep experimenting, learning, improving and dreaming
- A “work hard, play harder” attitude – we’re ambitious and driven, but we’re also always down for a good time
- Tight collaboration and high-impact delivery in a fast-paced environment