JMeter is a popular for performance testing but it is also a great tool to test other application areas like APIs, FTP servers, database performance, etc. It helps to measure and analyze the performance of web applications and other variety of services. Let's see what all is needed to integrate pCloudy with JMeter
1. Configuration of perl:
- Download the active state Perl (https://www.activestate.com/products/perl/downloads/)
- Install Perl in the system.
- Verify the installation of Perl by entering “perl -v” in the command prompt.
- Exact version of the perl will be seen on the command prompt after entering the above command.
2. Saving the necessary files in the location:
- Download jmeter.zip file from the mail and save it at a location
- Extract the zip file, there are 2 files in it one is the jar(JemeterIntegration.jar) and another is the perl (generatePerformanceReport.pl)
- Download the jmx file (JMeter_Integration.jmx) by which we will execute the jar
- Copy the jar file in “apache-jmeter-5.2.1\lib\ext” location
- Add the jar path in the jmeter test plan under library
3. Configuration of Jmeter:
- Download latest version of java (pre-requisite for apache jmeter)
- Download apache jmeter binaries zip file(http://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi)
- Extract the downloaded zip file and go to bin location (apache-jmeter-5.2.1\bin)
- Double click on “jmeter.bat”, first it will open a command prompt then Jmeter UI will get opened
4. Execution in Jmeter:
Step 1. Open the jmx file in jmeter
Step 2. Edit the path of perl file written in Bean shell sampler.
Step 3. Run the code by clicking on the green play button.
Step 4. After clicking the run button, go to the command prompt which was opened with jmeter.
Step 5. Mobile selection screen will get opened on the command prompt.
Step 6. Enter the serial number against the selected mobile.
Step 7. Wait for some time till the execution is complete.
Step 8. After execution is completed,there will be a path at the end of the execution to view the report.
Step 9. Copy the path and enter in chrome browser, report for the selected device will get opened.
Step 10. Click on the mobile device hyperlink, detailed report will get opened.
Step 11. Click on the performance report hyper link (the last hyperlink), it gives the details regarding the cpu and memory stats of the device.
Step 12. Click expand all you will get the cpu and memory charts.