The User Management module empowers system-admin to manage newly registered users,manage teams,and change user profiles.Prerequisites
- User should have a registered account
- User should have System-admin access
1. Pending Registration-
This enables system-admin to perform below mentioned activities
- A. Approval of new user signup
- B. Rejection of new user signup
- C. Reapprove the Deactivated user
- D. Rejection of Deactivated users
- Once a user is rejected, the user has to register again.
- If system-admin don't take any action then it will show Approval Pending.
- Once the system-admin rejects the user, the record will be deleted from the list and then he/she will have to register again and send a new user request to get it approved.
- Login to the registered account.
- click on the profile name at the top right corner.
- Then click on "System Admin" in the drop-down list as shown in below screenshot.
User will navigate to the CONFIG SETTINGS section, where under the User Management tab go Pending Registrations.
A.To “Approve” any new signup ,click on the approve button for a particular user
B. To “Reject” click on the reject button for a particular user.Rejected user will be removed from the list
C. To “Re-approve “the Deactivated user click on the reapprove button for a particular user
D. To ”Reject” the deactivated user click the reject button for a particular user .Rejected user will be removed from the list.
2. Team Management
Using Team Management, system-admin can create a team by promoting the approved user as Admin. While promoting a default team name will be assigned for the promoted admin
- System Admin can promote any approved user as a Team Admin.
- Default assigned team-name can be edited by team-admin if required.
- Click on "Create Team "as shown in below screenshot
A pop up will appear which consist of two fields
a) Select Admin:
- It consists of the name of all approved users.
- System admin can choose the name whom he/she wishes to promote as admin.
b)Team name: After selecting the name a default team name will be assigned which can further be edited by Admin
- Here system admin can create up to 7 teams by clicking on the Create Team button.
- Number of teams is configurable, as per the need we can increase or decrease the number.
3. Assign Role
- This feature enables System-admin to assign another user as system-admin. This is needed to manage the cloud in the absence of current system-admin
- All System Admins have the same privilege.
- There is an upper limit on the no of System Admins (e.g. 5).
- There will be minimum one System Admin.
- All System Admins will be informed by email if any action has taken place here at the System Admins level
Steps to add new system admin
- Go to Assign Role tab
To remove the system admin click on the cross icon under Action.
This enables System-admin to view all registered users on the cloud.System-admin will get a list of all the users with their details like Email, Credits, Type(user type-admin,user,system-admin), Team Name and Action.
If the System Admin goes on leave then he/she can make any User/Team Admin as System Admin.
- A. To demote any user.(For e..g team-admin demoted to user.)
- Navigate to users tab
System admin can filter the user list by their role. To do that, he/she need to
- b) Demote any registered user
- Under users tab system-admin can get a list of all the users with their details like Email, Credits, Type(user type-admin,user,system-admin), Team Name and Action.
- Click on(down-arrow)icon present under Action tab to demote the current user type.
- If there is a single Team Admin in a team then that Team Admin cannot be demoted unless the team is dissolved.
- System admin can also Demote a Team Admin to a lower role by clicking on the down arrow.
- System-admin cannot be demoted
- C) Deactivate any registered user.
- System-admin can see a list of all the users with their details like Email, Credits, Type(user type-admin,user,system-admin), Team Name and Action
- Click on “Deactivate” present under Action tab to deactivate
- Once the user is deactivated, the record goes to Pending Registration
- Team admin having can first be demoted and then deactivated