pCloudy has always been focused towards making your mobile app testing simple and seamless.
We know how difficult it is for a manual app tester to test an app on multiple devices. Although manual app tests are still an integral part of app testing yet they are highly time consuming.
We bring to you the first of its kind solution that can change the way you do your manual app tests. Introducing Follow Me that can speed up your app tests exponentially. It lets you perform test in synchronous mode on one device that gets replicated on multiple other devices.
You can see how it works in the video below.
- Login to device.pcloudy.com
- Upload an apk file on My App/Data
- Instrument the app
- Go back to the Device Page
- Click on Follow Me tab to start manual app testing in synchronized mode through Follow Me.
- Follow me comes with a guided UI where you just have to perform each step as given. Upload the instrumented file from MyApp/data as shown below.
Select the duration for which you want to perform the test. Click on Next to select the devices on which you want to perform the test.
- Select a maximum of 2 devices from the devices available. In this example, we have Vivo V9 and Sony Xperia XZs. Click on next.
- You now have to select a master device on which you will perform test on synchronous mode which will be replicated on the other device selected.
Click on start session to begin the test.
Your devices will get connected in a few seconds.
Once the devices are connected, the instrumented app you chose in last step will automatically get installed in all the devices. The installation will depend on the speed of your internet.
Once the app is installed on all the devices you can perform your test on the master device and it will get replicated on other devices. In this case, the test is performed on the master device Vivo V9 and the same actions are replicated on Sony Xperia XZs.
While performing the tests, you can also take screenshots. You can access the screenshots on the reports page. You can also access the details about the devices from this info section.
Zooming in/out of the device is also possible to make visual verification easier for you.
Once you perform all the tests, you can click on release to release all your devices and save your unused credits. The platform will automatically clean up your device.