Simulated networks – Network related tests for mobile apps need not be such a hassle if the testers are given full control of the network being used. Using a simulated lab network, testers can easily test their mobile apps by simply selecting a network profile and applying it to the device in use. The network profiles carry different parameters like Delay and Upload/Download speed. This feature helps testers to replicate a myriad of network conditions for testing mobile apps.
How to test the apps by simulating different network conditions?Applying a Network Profile (Shaping)
- Login to pCloudy
- Select and connect to a device
- Click on Network tab
- A dialogue box opens up containing different simulated network profiles
- Select a profile and click on 'Shape' button.
User will be notified after successful shaping of the network profile.
- The selected network condition will be applied to the device.
- Test the app on selected network condition.
Changing network profile
During the testing session, if a user needs to test the app on other network conditions, the user can select the 'Network ' feature and select any desired network by shaping the same.