Effective May 15, 2018
Your Privacy Matters
If you have suggestions, issues or complaints regarding our privacy policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection, Sharing and Use of Personal Information of our customers
When you express an interest in pCloudy’s products, use free trial or purchase a subscription package, pCloudy collects personal information such as:
- Name, company name, email address/mailing address, phone number/mobile phone number
- On our behalf, our third party payment processor will collect Credit Card and billing information in case of online payments. It is to be noted that pCloudy will not store any credit card information.
- As you explore the Company’s Website and Services Platform, pCloudy may also collect information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools such as web beacons and cookies. The gathered information includes standard information from your web browser such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, referring/exit pages, links clicked, and actions taken while browsing.
- In order to make our email communication successful, we receive confirmation emails when you open emails from pCloudy.
Note: We would like to clarify that you do not require to provide us personal information beyond the limited data we need for you to register to the platform or to buy from our subscription packages.
Use of Personal Information
pCloudy uses the information gathered from our Websites and our cloud based Platform to perform the services requested. For example, we may use this information to:
- Provide requested product or service information
- Provide product updates
- Respond to customer service requests
- Manage/Administer your account
- Send newsletters and/or marketing communications
- Respond to questions and concerns
- Improve our Website/Services Platform and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Respond to inquiries regarding career opportunities
- Complete purchases
Note: Since newsletters or marketing communication are purely for marketing purposes, so you can control whether to opt in or out to receive them.
Single Sign-in option
Our platform gives you an option to either fill up the signup form or login through Google. These services will validate your identity, provide you the option to share certain personal information (such as your name and email address) with us, and to pre-generate information for our sign up form.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your personal information to our Group companies or our contractual vendors who provide services to run our business. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us but are otherwise not permitted to store, retain or use such information.
Correction/ Updating, Porting or Removal of Personal Information
Correction or Updating Information: You have the access to edit the Personal information you have provided to us through your Account settings, where you can also delete your Account from the Service. You can access, download and delete other data you have uploaded to the Service.
Deleting Information: To delete all your information from our website and platform, you can make a request by writing an email to us at email@example.com. It is to be noted that you are fully responsible for updating your Personal Data and removing your Account at all times.
Information Portability: You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the Personal information you have provided to us.
We will get back to all requests for access, correction, updating information, or deleting it within 30 days.
Retention of Data Collected
pCloudy hereby clarifies that it does not hold any direct relationship with customers or individuals whose personal data it processes. If the request to delete, update, or correct information is not received by pCloudy then we will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers till as long as we provide services to them. We will preserve and use this personal information as necessary to act in accordance with with our legal commitment, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
While using our website or service, some information might get stored on your system which will be either in a form of ‘cookies’ or some similar file or technologies. Cookies are just small chunks of information stored on your hard drive and not on pCloudy’s website to spy on your data or attack your privacy. We use Essential cookies to help you navigate to the website or our service platform swiftly and also to remember information regarding the current sessions. You might have to re-login after a gap of certain time to protect your account against others accessing your content either accidentally or otherwise. These are deleted from the systems when you close the browser or turn off the system.
We make use of first and third-party cookies and tracking technologies on our websites to understand and analyze use of our services in order to better our services and to serve our marketing needs which, on some services, may be customized based on your browsing activities and other data gathered about you.
You must enable ‘cookies’ on your web browser to use our services.
Apart from the aforesaid information collected by us, we get and record some of your Personal Data when You visit our Websites automatically. This includes mobile device model, IP addresses, browser type used, insights on usage pattern through cookies and browser settings, query logs and product usage logs.
We also accumulate information regarding click rates, scrolls, conversion and drop-offs on our Websites and service platform to track user journey at real-time. Subject to this Notice, we will use such data, including without limitation, to –
- Review your business needs to decide or propose suitable Service(s);
- send the requested information about the Service(s);
- reply to customer service requests, queries and concerns; and
- for analytical reasons.
You allow pCloudy and its service providers to carry out analytics on such Collected Data, to
- get better, improve, support and operate the Websites; and
- collect statistical information and insights into usage patterns.
You accept that pCloudy uses Collected Data, as the case may be, for the aforesaid purposes.
When you use, download or install mobile apps on our devices, we automatically gather information on the types of devices used, OS version selected, and the device identifiers or UDID.We use this data to provide and manage mobile devices and better our services.
pCloudy holds the right to update this Privacy Statement to bring forth the changes to our information practices. We will notify you about the changes to this statement through displaying notice on our Website and/or to our Customers through email prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices from time-to-time.